Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 39, intructions

I just got home from a reallllly long day of classes (I'm exhausted from dance, but I guarentee buns of steel by the end of the semester ;) ). I'm sooo tired.
Um it was either today or yesterday or something like that, the theme from the 365 book is to make instructions or something like that. At least that's what I gathered from some other blogs I stalk :) Maybe I am just confused.

I will whip up some instructions for the coffee filter flower I made last night.

You'll need white coffee filters (6), water, food coloring, scissors, wire, some sort of tape. Of course you can use tissue paper, but I don't have any :P

First, prepare your dye baths. Get a bowl and fill it up about 2 inches with water, then add your choice of dye to your liking. I made the petals on mine a soft pink, so I made my water hot pink, and I made my center yellow so that dye bath was almost orange.
Get 5 of your coffee filters, fold them in half, then half them again, and one more fold in half. Then dip them about halfway into one of your dyes (this was the pink for me) so about two thirds are colored and fade back into the white.
Let them dry. I cheated and put them each in the microwave for 30 seconds.
Next get your last coffee filter and dip it all the way in the other dye bath. Let it dry.

When everything is dry, take the half colored coffee filters and cut each of them in half, then fold each of those in half and cut the upper edges (that border the round edge) in a sort of half curve. I know it'd be easier if I added pictures, but I'm too lazy :P Maybe later on.

Then wrinkle each of those up. With the one filter that is a different color, cut it so it is a 3 or 4 inch strip by 5ish... fold in half lenthwise (what my teachers used to call hotdog fold :P ) and on the open edges, not the fold, cut out fringe. Roll this up so all the fringe is bunched together and sort of a pompom and tape it only your wire. Then tape on each flower petal.

No comments:

Post a Comment